Looking to kickstart a career with the NHS?
This is fantastic opportunity to work at Doncaster Royal Infirmary to provide Acute services for people of all ages. Working at the trust is fast paced, filled with new challenges and opportunities. Each employee comes from many different walks of life but shares a common approach and mission.
Our Care Support Worker Development (CSWD) programme is your point of entry into the NHS. We offer a unique opportunity to learn on the job. You do not need any previous experience in healthcare or to have worked as a carer previously. Completing this programme will help you build and develop the key skills and gain the qualifications required to become a Care Support Worker (CSW), all whilst receiving weekly pay, paid annual leave and all the other great benefits NHS Professionals offers our bank members. Once you have successfully completed the programme you will be able to work flexibly at any of our partner Trusts.
What the programme involves …
During our programme you will learn how to help to maintain a safe care environment in the ward/department, supporting with infection control, providing care, safety and welfare for patients, visitors and other staff. You will work as part of the healthcare team, supporting registered nurses and other healthcare practitioners.
You will work part of the healthcare team, helping registered nurses and other healthcare practitioners in the work associated, typical duties will involve:
- Carry out clinical procedures/tasks as required and under direct supervision until assessed as competent
- Assistant to registered nurses with delegated clinical tasks.
- Undertake and record a range of physiological measurements (following training and having been assessed as competent, e.g. temperature, pulse, respirations, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, blood glucose monitoring etc), using the appropriate equipment
- Other clinical tasks will be determined by the nature of your work and local policy eg: monitoring the effects of medication; taking ECGs; caring for individuals with catheters or nasogastric tubes, insertion / removal of intravenous cannulae, venepuncture
- Preparing and carrying out extended feeding techniques e.g. nasogastric, gastrostomy feeds etc
- Obtain and test samples and other specimens
- Clearing and re-stocking consulting rooms
- Contribute to discharge process
- Care of wounds
- Checking pain levels and requesting pain relieving medication on patient’s behalf
- Assist in preparing for clinical procedures and clearing the environment afterwards as appropriate
- Work with the registered nurses or clinically competent member of staff to meet the daily living needs of the patient from Hygiene to personal and physical comfort.
- Attendance of Assessment Day – Planned for 4th April 2019
- Attendance of FREE classroom training – Planned for 13th to 17th May 2019
- Attend an Induction week: 37.5 hours supervised placements, paid at minimum wage – June 2019
On successful completion, you will be placed on a 6 month shift rota.
Once you have completed the programme
Once you have completed your development period, you take a knowledge-based assessment on the Care Certificate 15 Standards, once passed, you can work as a CSW for the Trust at any of their locations, and at any of NHS Professionals partner Trusts, through the bank. Being a bank member with NHS Professionals means you will receive the following benefits:
- Competitive Pay Rates – work this week, get paid next week!
- First choice of shifts– Access to shifts before they are available to agency
- Flexible working to suit your lifestyle – Take control of when you want to work.
- Build Annual Leave with every shift you work
- Book and manage your shifts on the go – Access shifts anywhere, anytime, online or through your smartphone
- Stakeholder pension scheme
Hours: 30 hours per week for 6 months (earlies, lates and nights pro rata) – If needed, specify shifts or typical office hours (Depending of trust requirements)
Salary during programme: Days £8.27 – Nights / Saturday£11.74 – Sunday / Bank Holiday £15.20
We look forward to meeting you.
|Job Category||External Vacancies|