Registered Homes Manager
We currently have an exciting opportunity for the recruitment of a new Registered Homes Manager for an established childrens home within Doncaster.
The candidate should be able to or can demonstrate:
- Having within the last 5 years, worked at least 2 years in a position relevant to a Residential Care of children
- Having worked for at least one year in a position requiring the supervision and management of staff working in a care role.
- By the relevant date attained the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Child Care or be prepared to have completed the Level 5 Diploma with 3 years of appointment.
- Be willing to attend Therapeutic Crisis Intervention and Signs of Safety training and ensure this is embedded in the culture within the home.
- Have an extensive knowledge of the “Children Homes Regulations and Quality Standards 2015” and be able to motivate, support and develop the home’s service delivery in line with the home’s ‘Statement for Purpose’. Furthermore, that they are creative and inspirational in their management approach.
- Have extensive knowledge in residential care and be able to drive excellence within the home.
- Experience of budget management and can take the lead on the financial aspects of the children’s home.
- Undertake robust quality assurance audits and input effective action plan to improve change.
- Take full responsibility of the effectiveness of the service delivery and that each child’s needs are supported to reach their full potential.
- Excellent communication skills and can act as a good advocate for Doncaster Children’s Trust and the children they care for.
- Take the lead on safeguarding children and ensure the policy and procedures for child protection are robust. Ensure the staff supervision and personal development records are up to date, that training and development is in line with service delivery and the needs of the service.
- Be able to manage equality and diversity and prioritise the needs of the child, has a creative and none oppressive manner which can influence a good and positive culture for children and young people in which to live.
- Be prepared to undertake a fit person’s interview with Ofsted as well has having an updated DBS check and medical assessment.
Should you feel you have the necessary experience and qualifications and would like to apply for this post please read the Job Description & Person Specification and complete the online application form by:
Closing Date: Sunday 24th February 2019
Interview Date: To Be Confirmed
To apply please follow the link – https://dcstrustjobs.co.uk/caresocial-work-childrens-services-registered-childrens-home-manager/18700.job
|Job Category||External Vacancies|
|Salary||£37,101 - £42,663|