Logistics done differently.
How would you like to be a part of something bigger? XPO Logistics are looking for our next Operations Manager for our ASOS contract in Doncaster. It’s a big responsibility and an all-encompassing role providing a huge opportunity for someone to take charge and really make a difference in moving the contract forwards during its time of growth. How great is that for your CV?
Pay, benefits and more:
We’re looking to offer a salary of up to £40,000 per annum. In addition, we offer 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), as well as the option to buy additional days. You’ll have access to a variety of high street discounts, cycle to work scheme, a workplace pension and many other perks.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- You will be responsible for overseeing the entire warehouse operation. With your team of team leaders, you will effectively manage a large team of warehouse colleagues on a day-to-day basis, ensuring that the customer`s needs are fully understood and translated into effective operational plans
- You will continually work with your team to support and help them realise their potential within the operation. You will ensure they are multi-skilled through planned training, coaching and development whilst identifying future talent for the business
- Developing and maintaining plans and reports, forecasting the storage capacity available across the site to support the profit and efficiency of the operation
- The customer has a strong presence and as such you will need to be confident in managing the customer`s expectations and your relationship with them, attending regular customer meetings with the senior management team
What you need to succeed at XPO:
- Previous managerial experience in a similar capacity role within a warehouse environment – ecommerce/retail would be desirable
- Great communication skills, you’ll be in constant communication with multiple stakeholders daily
- Strong working knowledge of health and safety
- You’ll need to be a true self-starter with an ability to independently solve complex issues and queries
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world’s most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L’Oreal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply please follow the link – https://jobs.xpo.com/UK/job/Doncaster-Operations-Manager/542247300/
|Job Category||External Vacancies|