A fantastic opportunity for an Occupational Therapist to join the Access to Homes Team. The job holder will be required to carry out medical assessments of applicants with physical and mental disabilities to establish housing need and provide housing recommendations to Doncaster Home Choice. You will work in partnership with Doncaster Council Accessible Housing Register. Clinical supervision and support will be provided as well as training and development opportunities.
You be required to have:
- Dip COT or Degree OT or equivalent, minimum 2 years post qualified experience
- Knowledge of the Care Act (2014) and knowledge of physical, mental health and learning disability issues
- Sound knowledge of major and minor adaptations and equipment services and the role of local authority and other agencies in housing to support vulnerable people.
- Ability to work under pressure, particularly to manage own priorities but still give appropriate professional guidance and support to colleagues.
- Excellent IT skills
The post holder will be required to:
- Assess and recommend suitable Occupational Therapy interventions using evidence based practice and sound clinical reasoning in both voids properties and the applicants own homes
- Assess applicants in their own home and produce clear written reports, reflective of their housing needs to award priority in accordance with the Housing Allocation Policy.
If you would like to know more about this post please contact Andrea Jarratt, Access and Allocations Service Manager on 01302 737176.
Please note St Leger Homes of Doncaster do not accept CV’s as a form of application for this position.
Please click here to view the job description.
Application closing date 26/05/2019
At St Leger Homes, we aim to build a workforce that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity andthe fair treatment of all applicants. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, gender, disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation, age and allother protected characteristics.
To apply please follow the link – https://ce0351li.webitrent.com/ce0351li_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC107GF.open?VACANCY_ID%3d7626510Dn4%1BUSESSION=5994B116755311E9BF5EB18502BAFC8B&WVID=11338700Qz&LANG=USA
|Job Category||External Vacancies|
|Salary||£29,636 - £31,371|