Total hours per week: 30.00
- Under the guidance of the class teacher, to work with individuals and groups of pupils in class, to help them to achieve to the best of their ability
- At the direction of the class teacher, to help to organise classroom activities, prepare resources and implement strategies for teaching and learning
- Provide support for pupils’ emotional and social development by encouraging and modelling positive behaviour
- Ensure the physical welfare of pupils and assist pupils with their physical needs as appropriate and agreed
- Supervise pupils at lunch and break time and contribute to out of school learning activities, as required
- Accompany pupils to off-site activities as required, in accordance with PRU policies and safety guidelines, providing assistance with pupils’ care and welfare and the learning activities undertaken
- Establish productive working relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
- Attend staff meetings as required
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils within the classroom
- Support pupils consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs
- Encourage pupils to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage all pupils in activities
- Use ICT effectively to support learning activities and develop pupils’ competence and independence in its use
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the PRU
- Respect the confidentiality of pupil information and respond sensitively to pupils’ needs
- Be aware of and implement the PRU’s policies and procedures
- Very good literacy/numeracy/oracy skills.
- Ability to relate well to children and adults.
- Experience of working with children
- A calm, pleasant and sympathetic manner.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Willing to seek learning opportunities.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the post
Maths and English GCSE grade C/4 grade or equivalent
Good ICT Skills
On successfully completing the apprenticeship there will be the opportunity to apply for one of the vacant Teaching Assistant posts
Things to consider
If successful you will undertake a DBS (Enhanced) Disclosure.
The NMW for apprentice is currently £3.70. per hour
This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18-year-old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The Levett School is a Pupil Referral Unit. The school is based over two sites, the Lower site is for Primary pupils and the Upper site is for Secondary pupils. We are committed to providing an outstanding education and support provision to reengage young people in their learning and to help them in developing their self- confidence and self- esteem