Armthorpe in Doncaster
Type of Business:
Daily Hours and Breaks:
5 days out of 7, 40 hours per week, specific daily hours to be agreed at a later date
£200 per week depending on experience
Vacancy Reference No.:
Next is one of the UK’s best known high-street retailers and most established online retailers but did you know that they also have a rapidly growing furniture business? Next Manufacturing site is located in Armthorpe, Doncaster. With investment in the latest technology and state of the art environment, this is by no means your ‘typical’ manufacturing facility.
It’s all about producing the right product to the right standard in the most efficient way. That’s why, as well as looking for great skills and impressive experience, Next want people with energy, a positive attitude and a real commitment to helping exceed the expectations of customers all over the world.
The apprenticeship is an 18-24 month programme delivered mainly on site at Armthorpe but some time spent at our Centre of Vocational Excellence, in Accrington
Opened in 2016, the state of the art manufacturing facility provides staff with a great working environment. As the success continues to grow, it’s an exciting time to join the Furniture Manufacturing division.
Next are looking for the next generation of dedicated upholsterers and furniture makers. they have a fast paced, team based environment, producing some of Next’s most popular designs. With great all year round order stability, and their unique ‘plan by model’ production system, they give there teams the best opportunity to maximise their earnings. They source great quality fabrics, and you will gain experience in all areas of the operation with their own in-house foam/fibre and frame-making operations.
Do you have the ambition to be a part of the Next Furniture Making Apprenticeship?
What will you need to be successful?
• An interest in production or craft
• Keen eye for detail to be able to work to upholstery specifications
• You will be dextrous and strong to work in a fast paced manual role
• A driving license is desirable but not essential so that you can attend both the Armthorpe and Accrington Sites
In return Next can offer you:
• Above average Apprenticeship pay
• 40 Hours a week role across operational shifts and training time
• Transport from Armthorpe to attend college in Accrington
• Production based bonus to significantly enhance your pay based on outputs, following successful completion of your apprenticeship
• A Sliding scale of salary increases according to experience and progression through the apprenticeship ranging from £5 to £6.59 (average £5.96)
• A fantastic working environment in new facilities
• 1-2-1 coaching and development
• Flexible holidays
• Free parking
• Subsidised canteen
• 25% staff discount on all next products
• Up to 70% off at our staff shops
• Eligibility to join our Share save scheme
To apply please follow the link – https://www.nltg.co.uk/candidate-dashboard/candidate-registration/?vacancy_reference=13190&page_redirect=75110
|Salary||£200 per week|