At Lidl, we’re building new stores and warehouses throughout the UK. In January 2019, we’ll be opening our newest Regional Distribution Centre in Doncaster. We’re looking for hard-working people to join us to train to be part of our brand new team!
As a warehouse operative, you’ll quickly become a dab-hand at the job once you’ve completed your basic training. That’s because the core tasks of order picking, repacking and shipping our stock to stores remain the same every day of the year. The challenge comes from working quickly, listening to your headset, picking the right stock every time, stacking it perfectly for deliveries and wrapping it tightly to be loaded onto the lorries. You’ll need to take pride in a job well done. Making sure the products arrive at our stores in perfect condition takes great concentration all the way through a demanding shift.
Until the warehouse opens, you’ll train and work in one of our other Distribution Centres. This means you’ll need to work away on a 4 on, 4 off basis. To make this as easy as possible for you, we will provide transport, accommodation and food – and your travel time will be paid.
As part of your application you will be asked to complete three exercises, taking less than 20 minutes, designed to provide us with a more in-depth understanding of you and your potential as a member of our team.
Following your online test, our recruitment team will be in touch. Warehouse Operative interviews for Doncaster will be taking place in the months of September, October and November.
We’ve been lucky enough to have already recieved a lot of applications for this role, so please note that at present it may take up to four weeks to recieve feedback on your application.
What will you do?
- Pick a variety of products including meat, wine, fruit, frozen and chilled items
- Listen carefully to picking instructions through your headset and carry them out at pace
- Make sure your deliveries are perfectly stacked and secure
- Report any damaged items to your manager
- Take responsibility for working through your orders independently
- Help out in any team tasks, such as cleaning equipment and checking stock
What will you need?
- Some experience of working in a fast-paced, target driven environment
- Willingness to work with all different types of stock, in temperature-controlled areas
- Good attention to detail when working quickly
- Self-motivation to work hard and do everything to the best of your ability
- Flexibility to work a range of different shift options, during the day or night
What do we offer?
The training for this role is comprehensive, with your training plan given to you on day one. Once the warehouse opens, you will work 5 days out of 7 on set shift patterns, with rotas published at least 3 weeks in advance.
You will be well-rewarded for your work at Lidl. Not only will you be part of a secure, growing business, we’ll make sure you have quality training and progression opportunities if you want to develop a career with us. As well as your competitive hourly rate, starting from £8.75 with the ability to earn up to £9.87 (*increasing on an annual basis), you will also get 30 days’ holiday, a pension scheme, discount on our products and corporate discounts on holidays, days out, cinema tickets and plenty more.
|Job Category||iPort Vacancies|