As a member of the Engineering Team you will contribute to the development and growth of the Unipart Rail business. Manage and resolve a range of technical issues within the Engineering team including configuration control. Ensure Unipart Rail products and services are in accordance with national and internationally recognised standards and specifications.
Role and Responsibilities
- Engineering configuration management.
- Product safety and reliability.
- Product integrity and specification management.
- Technical resolution.
- Participate and support the development and implementation of business strategy for the UK and targeted overseas territories.
- Ensure that Unipart Rail products and services are procured in line with recognised safety standards and specification requirements.
- Apply engineering change control procedures and processes associated with Engineering Assurance activities and liaise with other business functions as required.
- Investigate and resolve technical issues and facilitate / lead technical reviews within the Engineering department.
- Review and adopt information regarding changes in industry Legislation and Standards to ensure Unipart Rail’s continued product compliance.
- Work in a safe manner, taking reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other people at work, following appropriate Health and Safety guidance, training and company rules and procedures as appropriate.
- Report any accidents, hazards or dangerous / unsafe behaviour to your line manager immediately.
- Educated to min HNC in Mechanical/electrical Engineering or similar.
- Document control experience.
- Configuration management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to manage change effectively.
- Utilisation of problem solving techniques.
- Team player.
- Rail Industry Experience.
- Foreign language skills.
- Previous technical support role experience.
To apply please follow the link – https://unipartrail.livevacancies.co.uk/#/job/details/149?target=frame
|Job Category||External Vacancies|
|Salary||£32,000 per year|