Senior Residential Care Officer
We are currently seeking to recruit caring individuals with experience of working with children in care as a full time permanent Senior Residential Care Officer to work in one of the Trust’s Residential Care Homes.
The successful candidate should have or be able to demonstrate:
- experience of working in a position of Residential Care of children.
- be prepared to further their training including Therapeutic Crisis Intervention, Signs of Safety and Attachment training.
- offer inspirational leadership qualities, during each shift, be able to manage diversity and challenging situations and have a proactive attitude and be able to promote outstanding qualities of therapeutic care within the home.
- an extensive knowledge of the “Children Homes Regulations 2015” be able to motivate, support and develop the homes service delivery in line with the Homes Statement for Purpose.
- be creative and inspirational in their management approach and ensure the home is managed to meet the requirements set out from the Department of Health 2015.
- extensive knowledge in Residential care and be able to drive excellence within the home.
The Senior Residential Care Officer would need to be able to deputise in the absence of the home’s Registered and Deputy Manager and will be required to take full responsibility of the effectiveness of the service delivery and be able to ensure that each child’s needs are supported to reach their full potential.
The successful candidate will therefore need to:
- possess excellent communication skills
- be a good advocate for Doncaster Children’s Trust and the children you care for
- take the lead on safeguarding children and ensure the policy and procedures for child protections are robust
- ensure the staff supervision and Personal development records are up to date and that training and development are in line with service delivery and need of service
- manage equality and diversity and prioritise the needs of the child
- have a creative and non-oppressive manner which can influence a good and positive culture for children and Young People to live.
The Senior Residential Officer will complete staff supervision and Personal Developments Reviews and ensure that a child’s file is updated and also be willing to complete staff rotas or training matrix for the home.
Should you wish to discuss this opportunity or require further information please call Vanessa Moutrey, Team Manager on 01302 868319
If you are interested in applying for this position please read the attached Job Description & Person Specification and complete the online application form by:
Closing Date: Sunday 20th January 2019
Interview Date: Wednesday 30th January 2019
To apply please follow the link – https://dcstrustjobs.co.uk/caresocial-work-childrens-services-senior-residential-care-officer/18686.job
|Job Category||External Vacancies|
|Salary||£24,827 - £29,986|