Hitachi Rail Europe is looking to ‘Inspire the Next’ generation of apprentices to join our business. You will have the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing rail companies in the UK and to collaborate with some of the best engineers in the organisation.
We now have a number of exciting apprenticeship opportunities within our Operations Engineering Team. These posts will be based at our sites across Ashford, Doncaster, Bristol and London.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of we would like to hear from you!
Details of the programme
Hitachi Rail is working in partnership with a leading provider to deliver a best in class Level 3 Apprenticeship Programme. The programme has been designed to give apprentices the opportunity to:
- Work alongside experienced staff
- Gain job-specific skills
- Earn a wage and get holiday pay
- Study towards a related qualification
This will be a 3 year programme where you will be enrolled under the Rail Engineering Technician standard (Traction and Rolling Stock).
GCSE in English Language and Maths at levels A*-C or 4 to 9
Planned Content and Schedule
The following elements will be delivered as part of the programme in three stages:
- Foundation Stage (Year 1) 01/09/19 – 30/08/20
- Development Stage (Year 2) 01/09/20 – 30/08/21
- Competence Stage (Year 3) 01/09/21 – 30/08/22
- End Point Assessment (EPA) – 01/03/22 – 30/08/22
We are looking for candidates who are able to demonstrate behaviours that closely align to our values of Harmony, Sincerity and a Pioneering Spirit. This includes candidates who:-
- Are proud of the work they do.
- Want to contribute to society through the products they make. Our trains will help people get to where they want to be safely and comfortably.
- Are enthusiastic about volunteering in Community projects
- Deliver what they say they will deliver.
- Enjoy their work and sharing successes.
- Collaborate with colleagues – reach decisions by consensus.
- Communicate honestly and openly, with respect.
- Can work comfortably and inclusively across cultures.
- Value everyone’s contributions and show open mindedness.
- Have a positive outlook and a can do attitude.
Hitachi Rail Europe Ltd is a leading manufacturer in total railway solutions, covering rolling stock, signalling, service delivery and traffic management. Our Global Head Office is located in Central London and we currently operate from project offices across the UK, several depot locations and our new state-of-the-art rail vehicle manufacturing facility in Newton Aycliffe.
Our Class 395 Javelin trains currently in operation on the HS1 route have proven our capability in the UK, based on a blend of British and Japanese technical expertise. The Intercity Express Programme and Abellio ScotRail franchise award will see our teams deliver over 200 new trains over the next two years. We are now looking to expand our operations further to build upon our global reputation for quality, reliability, innovation, design and technological leadership.
We are expanding our train building capability and have brought train building back to the UK and we need YOU to inspire the next.
As Hitachi Rail Europe continues to grow, there are more and more exciting career opportunities. We need you to help build the trains of the future.
Hitachi Rail Europe is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications, we are also a member of the WISE campaign which inspires girls and women to study and build careers using science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM)
Closing Date – 11th January 2019
To apply please follow the link – https://hitachi.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=41196&tz=GMT+01:00&lang=en