Hitachi Rail Europe Ltd is a leading manufacturer in total railway solutions, covering rolling stock, signalling, service delivery and traffic management. Our Global Head Office is located in Central London and we currently operate from project offices across the UK, several depot locations and our new state-of-the-art rail vehicle manufacturing facility in Newton Aycliffe.
Our Class 395 Javelin trains currently in operation on the HS1 route have proven our capability in the UK, based on a blend of British and Japanese technical expertise. The Intercity Express Programme and Abellio ScotRail franchise award will see our teams deliver over 200 new trains over the next two years. We are now looking to expand our operations further to build upon our global reputation for quality, reliability, innovation, design and technological leadership.
Hitachi Rail Europe is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications, we are also a member of the WISE campaign which inspires girls and women to study and build careers using science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM).
Responsible for a team including Team Technicians, Maintenance Engineers, third party workers, and a team Administrator.
To ensure that the corrective and preventative maintenance is carried out to a very high standard on a fleet of 57 Super Express Trains.
Responsible for the following management work scopes –
• Fleet Delivery – Ensuring the contractual agreed number of units enter service priority fault free. Fitness to Runs are carried out on all units entering service. Responsible for making on the spot decisions to alter or cancel morning service. Update Fleet Disposition Statement and authorise for release via Maintenance Control.
• Constant Improvement – Create an atmosphere through his/her team that seeks to co9nstantly improve the process associated with the maintenance of the SET’s to improve time to complete the workload on time, safely and to the correct quality whilst minimising the impact on the environment
• Assistance in Planning Exam Work – Identify maintenance exams due and time required, Identify staff numbers and strengths to complete.
• Overseeing and Assisting the Corrective and Preventative Maintenance – Have understanding of maintenance task and assist in answering questions from staff. Ensure exam tasks are being completed in a timely manner. Assist exam work or fault rectification when required.
• Maintenance Management System (SAP) Monitor the SAP system to ensure all work is recorded within the Management System.
• Materials –. Interrogate the SAP system to determine if spares are available to complete works orders ensuring Team Members follow the correct procedures to ensure that material used is recorded to works orders and material returned to the stores or other disposal points are labelled correctly when returning to the Stores. Responsible for advising procurement of issues related to booking stock/serial numbers/Kardex.
• Staff Appraisals – Yearly Performance and Develop plans for all staff. Three monthly and six monthly probationary period reviews for new employees on shift.
• Competency for Specialist Equipment – Depot Protection Systems, Bogie Drop Equipment, Fire Alarm, Lifting Equipment (including Crane Systems and Mobile Hydraulic Lifting Equipment), Depot Maintenance Shed 25kv Overhead Traction Supply, Train Windscreen Lifting Machine, Supply/Drainage System, Mobile Lifting/Scaffolding Platforms, Train Carriage Wash, Test Track isolations.
• Health & Safety/House Keeping – Ensure team members are following correct working practices at all times. All relative PPE equipment is being used. Ensure road ways/pits are kept clean after work. Carry out incident investigations, manage the PICOT process.
• Annual Leave – Authorise/Decline annual leave request from team. Take into account, work load/depot drivers/KICC/current leave/training/Team Leader cover.
• Develop professionally and support good working relationships
• Learn New skills in accordance with Hitachi’s new business demands as required
• Liaise with Hitachi and external personnel as required to complete the duties of the post
• Assist as required
• To act as main focal point for Depot Services during night shifts.
• Carry out team briefings/tool box talks.
• Attend Manager Meetings when required.
• Ensure all processes are carried out by contractors, visitors, Japanese Quality Control (Signing out keys/ Depot Protection / Unit Access Sheets).
• Plan the yard and moves that are required in general for maintenance (during days) and the service for the following day (when on lates/nights).
• M & E HNC or served engineering apprenticeship
• Engineering based NVQ level 3
Licences / Competences
• Network Rail Sentinel PTS
• Depot Protection
• Working at Height
• Manual Handling
• Sound knowledge of, and compliance to rules and regulations
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Able to represent Hitachi in a professional manner at all times
• Good team worker
• Able to interface effectively with all levels of personnel both within and outside the company.
Licences / Competences
• Intermediate IT skills – typically Word, Excel
• Electrical/Pneumatic schematics reading
• Mechanical drawing reading
• Train driving
• Fire warden
• First Aider
To apply please follow the link – https://hitachi.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=37401&tz=GMT%2B00%3A00
|Job Category||External Vacancies|