The Reliability Maintenance Engineering Area Manager is the line manager for a team of engineering technicians. They maintain the focus on safety by training, developing and coaching their team. They deliver a high level of equipment availability by ensuring all preventative maintenance is conducted and internal processes and procedures are followed.
· Lead, support and mentor the team by finding barriers that prevent them from working in a safe, standard and efficient manner. Work with the team and the wider network to harness the technical expertise available and build solutions.
· Support the Reliability Maintenance Engineering Manager as they work with the site Safety department & Site Leadership to implement, record and audit safety and statutory compliance programmes to provide a safe working environment for all staff.
· Implement network standards and focus on preventative maintenance to provide a high level of equipment availability to our internal customers.
· Ensure sufficient technical coverage is available for the shifts they own by managing and driving the training programme for the team.
· Manage local projects or support EU level projects as assigned by the manager.
· Be prepared to work on shift to maintain a strong connection to the team and daily work.
· Degree or NVQ Level 4 in a relevant engineering discipline or served a full engineering indentured apprenticeship. Multi-skilled in both electrical and mechanical disciplines.
· Significant practical engineering experience including a supervisory role managing people.
· Experience of automated equipment including packaging machinery, sortation and conveyor systems.
· Excellent communications skills (written & verbal) in English.
· Experience of working to appropriate health & safety standards and regulations.
· Excellent computer skills (MS Office, CAD).
· Experience working with PLC based control systems.
· Project Management experience.
· Knowledge of CMMS programmes.
· Experience with Kaizen and Continuous Improvement Process
|Job Category||External Vacancies|