Doncaster College, part of the DN Colleges Group is a large provider of further and higher education in South Yorkshire, with a comprehensive range of further and higher education course options. With a turnover of circa £33 million, the College is based at the iconic £65-million Hub campus on the town’s waterfront.
Our Investor In People status emphasises the College’s commitment to staff development.
Benefits package includes a career average pension scheme, generous annual leave, local and statutory bank holidays, Staff Welfare Programme, and access to local gym facilities.
Information Services Assistant
(Learning Resources, Online Learning Centre and IS Service Desk)
Full time Term Time over 38 weeks
Salary range: £12,466.84 – £14,128.29 (FTE £14,763.74 – £16,731.30)
(It is usual for new appointees to commence at the bottom of the scale with progression on an annual incremental basis)
Doncaster College is looking to supplement its busy Information Services team with an experienced Information Services Assistant (Learning Resources, Online Learning Centre and IS Service Desk) to provide first line support to staff and students.
- You will be an active member of the Learning Resources, Online Learning Centre and Information Services Service Desk team rotas.
- Work flexibly within the rota covering two main campus sites which will include an element of late working, and the possibility of occasional Saturday work.
- Work within small teams taking responsibility for role specific learning resource based tasks.
- Perform core learning resource duties on a daily basis such as handling enquiries, issuing/discharging stock, book renewal, and shelf tiding.
- Provide a high level of customer focused service and support.
- Provide access to resources and information services for staff and students, promoting services and communicating using a wide range of social media, and maintaining appropriate study environments.
- Have a basic understanding of Information Technology, Microsoft Office and IT hardware.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grades A-C, including English, Maths and experience of working in a customer service environment is essential.
Post reference: 17/030B
Closing date: 9/01/2018
Please note the College closes for the Christmas break on 22 December 2017 until 08 January 2018.
No agencies please.
To apply follow the instructions on the ‘How to Apply’ section at the bottom of the advert to access the online application form.
If you are experiencing difficulties accessing or using the website, please contact Jobs Go Public between 9.00am-5.30pm Monday to Friday on 0207 427 8250.
For other queries regarding the post please contact Human Resources on 01302 553550.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time if there is a high level of applications therefore, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Candidates who have been invited to interview will be notified in writing within 4 weeks of the closing date.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, Doncaster College seeks a workforce which reflects the community we serve. We welcome applications from those groups under-represented among our staff.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE ASKED TO OBTAIN DISCLOSURE
Doncaster College – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
|Job Category||External Vacancies|
|Salary||£14,763.74 - £16,731.30|