AMAZON UK OPERATIONAL FUTURE TEAM LEADERS APPRENTICE PROGRAMS
Amazon is the perfect place to start your career as an apprentice, our apprenticeship schemes are aimed at people who have a passion for learning and will provide you with the skills and support to unlock your potential and offer exciting opportunities for your future career. Whether that’s in Operations, IT or Engineering, you’ll get a real qualification and start a real career with us at Amazon.
Our apprenticeship schemes are aimed at people who have a passion for learning. You will need to be ambitious, relish a challenge and be prepared to seize the opportunities given to you. Hard work is essential, as is a determination to succeed and make the most of the hands on experience & qualifications on offer to you.
The best part – it’s open to everyone.
What you can expect
As an Amazon Apprentice you will get the best training available, learn a broad range of skills, benefit from on the job training and mentorship from leading experts with a structured period of academic training and assessment enabling you to complete your apprenticeship with a certified qualification.
Join us as an Operations Apprenticeship and you’ll build your skills in just over 27 months, with both on-the-job training supported by our existing Operations teams in partnership with various Amazon support functions and study towards nationally recognised qualifications delivered by our provider of choice in our fulfilment centres. All apprentices will have support of mentors and experienced professionals (both from inside and outside Amazon). During your first year you will be based at one of our UK fulfilment centres, learning and training in warehouse and logistics, quality and safety as well as business improvement techniques. You will also get the opportunity to work across all the process paths we have, including receiving goods, stowing, picking, packing and shipping. Using your experience, work with your apprentice colleagues on change projects that will make a real difference to your fulfilment centre and our customers. During your second year you will have the opportunity to continue your training by applying what you have learnt in year one with leadership and people development.
Not only will you receive invaluable learning, development and professional experience, you’ll also gain a number of qualifications.
· Level 2 Framework Business Improvement Techniques (Operational excellence)
· Level 3 Standard Team Leader/Supervisor
After graduating the Operations Apprentice program, you’ll be fully qualified to apply to join our Operations team as a team lead across different roles.
Have lived in a EEA country for the last 3 years (with the right to work in the UK)
You must be 18 years old when the scheme launches. We are unable to employ under-18s in our Fulfilment Centres due to the nature of some of the inventory.
3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) C or above including English, Maths and another subject
Willingness to work flexible schedules/shifts/areas, including weekends, nights and holidays
You are naturally customer service obsessed; thriving on the opportunity to work as part of a team to achieve a shared goal
· Able to operate with reliability and a high level of attention to detail
· You have the ability to operate with confidence a basic computer system with a touch screen
· You can follow a list of guidelines and instructions to meet deadlines
· You are able to read, understand and communicate in English with the ability to interact and engage comfortably with people at all levels of the business
· You will have a hands-on attitude, flexible and adaptable and willing to provide additional discretionary effort when the team is in need
· You are able to operate in a challenging and fast paced environment.
· To able to demonstrate drive, ambition and a passion for ensuring that customers receive a first-class Amazon experience.
· The ability to adhere to strict safety, quality and production standards
· You will need to be ambitious, relish a challenge and be prepared to seize the opportunities given to you
· Jobs vary, however you will be able to work in a physically demanding environment where you could be standing and/or walking throughout your shift, lifting and moving inventory weighting up to 15kg, pushing and pulling trolleys, lifting bending, stretching, kneeling crouching
If you already work for Amazon please contact your HR department to discuss your application
We’re looking forward to receiving your application, preferably in English.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
To Apply Click Here